GET YOUR MUSIC ON AWA WITH KARMADUKE
If you want to get your music on AWA.fm Karmaduke makes the process as simple as possible. It’s never been easier to upload your songs on AWA and other digital music stores and streaming platforms. If you don’t already know, AWA is a Japanese streaming platform and a great gateway to one of the biggest music and most lucrative music markets in the world. With Karmaduke, you keep 100% of your rights and 85% of all revenue your tracks create. We share 15% of the money Karmaduke makes form other parts of the Karmaduke Platform (like Travel, Web and Market services) with you. That means you’ll earn from more than just your streaming and download revenue with Karmaduke. We have a unique business model which puts the music first, its not me, its we.
HOW TO GET YOUR MUSIC ON AWA
- Sign up to join the Karmaduke Partnership to get your music on Boomplay
- Choose what you will make available on AWA like single, EP or album.
- Upload your music as well as your cover art on the Karmaduke Portal to put your songs on AWA and get access to this Japanese streaming provider
- Make sure you add collaborator details
- Once your music is approved by Karmaduke your songs will be uploaded on AWA and you can start promoting in Japan
- View your Monthly Sales report to see how your songs are performing.
Worldwide Distribution Keep 100% of Your Rights and be a part of a revolution in the Music Industry. When Karmaduke does well, so do you!
We don’t charge any upfront or recurring fee’s to distribute your music globally and you keep 85% of all revenue you generate. In addition, we share 15% of the money we make from Karmaduke back with the Karmaduke Partnership of artists and muscians.
MORE ABOUT AWA.FM FOR MUSICIANS
Launched on May 27, 2015 as a subscription-type (monthly flat-rate) service.
Since the service started, AWA has expanded the number of songs distributed in partnership with labels all over the world, and the distributed more than 60 million songs. AWA actively conducts exclusive advance distribution for artists from Kiyoshiro Imawano, BOØWY, Takayuki Makihara, Masayoshi Yamazaki, Ayumi Hamasaki, My Little Lover and other leading Japanese artists to younger generation artists such as AAA, EXO and Sensual Pierrot
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PUT SONGS ON AWA?
Karmaduke doesn’t charge you any upfront, ISRC or recurring fee’s for you to sell on AWA or to sell with anyone else on the Karmaduke platform. You keep 85% of the AWA revenue just like all of the other places you distribute with Karmaduke. If you don’t earn money, we don’t earn money so we’ll do everything we can to help you promote your music!
SOME KEY FEATURES OF AWA?
- Free period of 1 month from the start of use
- Delivering 60 million songs to the Japanese market
- Received the “Best App of 2017” at the top of the apps in the Japanese version of “Best of 2017” on Google Play
- Offline playback function to download songs and listen to them without internet
- Currently more than 11 million playlists created by users, and you can also listen to professionally curated playlists
- The recommendation function matches music preferences and automatically recommends songs.
- When you upload a photo to Twitter, AWA will automatically reply to the recommended music that matches the photo.
- Share to TikTok within AWA, both services can be used more seamlessly.
- Official AWA channel opened in TikTok, recommended songs for TikTok users
HOW OFTEN DOES AWA PAY OUT?
You can request payment from Karmaduke monthly and all the terms are in your account contract. Typically, there is a two-month delay on streaming services and online stores earnings and that’s the same with AWA. So, if you upload your music on AWA in January, you’ll see your first payments in your reports at the end of March under usual circumstances
HOW UNILL I GET MY MUSIC ON AWA?
We care about making sure that when you release music, your songs get out to your fan base on target for your release plan. After you upload your music, it will take us a day or two to approve it. Then you can expect to hear your songs on AWA.fm after about five to seven business days subject to no issues at the AMA site.